Image by Danilo Rizzuti/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
This mother’s day, give your mom an eco-friendly gift that shows your respect for another mother – Mother Earth. We sourced a few ideas to make mom feel really special this Mother’s Day:
- Create memories with your mom instead of giving her things. Take her to a show, spoil her with a treatment at a spa, take her out to lunch, or organise a picnic for the whole family. Quality time together is a great gift.
- If your mom loves gardening, give her an indigenous tree or plants for her garden.
- Pamper mom with a basket of organic bath, hair or skincare products. Visit South Africa Online for a list producers of organic bath and body care products.
- If your mom isn’t part of the green revolution and is still using chemical-based household cleaners, show her that you care about her – and the family’s – healthÂ by giving her a bucket filled with non-toxic household cleaners.
- If mom enjoys a glass of wine, get her a bottle of organic wine as a gift. South Africa Online has a list of organic wines and wineries. And many will deliver to her door.
There are many great ideas online, and you can get the kids involved in making DIY gifts that don’t cost the earth.
Wishing all the moms out there a happy – and earth-friendly – Mother’s Day!
The Phantom Forest Team