Image by: Freedigitalphotos.net
- Copy on both sides of the paper. This is especially efficient for internal documents and drafts.
- Reduce documents to fit two pages onto one. Use for circulating rough drafts or file copies of documents.
- Use lighter weight paper. Lighter paper requires less energy and fewer raw materials when it’s manufactured.
- Find alternatives to mail. Use email, voice mail and fax modem transmissions whenever possible.
- Eliminate unnecessary subscriptions. Cancel newspapers, newsletters and magazines you don’t read or can access online. Take your name off mailing lists to reduce junk mail.
- Do a “paper” audit. Determine the kind and volume of paper waste your company generates, then take steps to use less.
- Make recycling easy. Place recycling bins in high-traffic areas, including the conference room and kitchen as well as by the copier and fax machines.
- Use a routing slip to circulate copies throughout the office.
This week’s eco tip is courtesy of www.earthshare.org