Image by: Freedigitalphotos.net
The best remedy for itchy mosquito bites, is to prevent them in the first place. Use these tips to help stay bite-free this summer:
- Stay indoors at dusk when mosquitoes are out and about.
- Wear loose-fitting, long-sleeved tops and tuck long pants into your socks.
- Stay away from black and white fabrics, which seem to drive the little bugs wild.
- Try mixtures of essential oils, such as pennyroyal oil and eucalyptus. These are moderately effective if you’re not dealing with really thick swarms of mosquitoes.
- In places where mosquitoes can be overwhelming, use insect repellants containing geraniol, a plant-derived compound, or neem oil, from the Indian tree Azadirachta indica.