Image by: www.freedigitalphotos.net
Tread carefully, and leave a lighter carbon footprint by following these simple steps:
- Replace burned-out light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs (or LED bulbs).
- Don’t idle your car. If you’re pulling over for more than 20 seconds, it’s worth switching off the engine.
- Keep your car in good running condition. That means getting regular oil changes so you’ll produce fewer emissions, and making sure tyres are properly inflated so you’ll use less fuel.
- Buy products that come in less packaging. Check that the packaging is recyclable.
- Plug your TV and DVD player into a power bar and then switch off the power bar when you switch off the TV. These and other devices draw power even when off.
This week’s eco tip is courtesy of www.freshjuice.ca