Image by: dreamstime.com
With spring just around the corner, it’s as good a time as any to get a head start on spring cleaning! Here are five ways to make this year’s spring clean a green one:
1. Clear out the cupboards and donate unwanted clothes to charity or swop them with friends.
2. Go through books and magazines, and donate the thoroughly read to a local library, charity shop or take them along to your next book club meeting. Renew your library card because borrowing books is not only good for your bank balance, it’s good for the environment too!
3. Running low on chemical cleaning products? Start making eco-friendly cleaning products. From easy oil and lemon eco-friendly furniture polish to tea wooden floor polish, homemade eco-friendly cleaning products will help reduce indoor air pollution and could even help you save money.
4. Spot clean carpet stains by mixing one part white vinegar with one part water. Spray or apply directly onto the stain, leave for 10 minutes before cleaning with sponge or brush.
5. Clean and sort kitchen cupboards with the aim of making room for a recycling station in the cupboard under the kitchen sink. Line a cardboard box or wooden crate with a plastic bag, slide into the cupboard under the kitchen sink and you have a neat recycling centre!