Here are some handy tips to help you reduce your environmental footprint:
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth and save 10,000 litres of water a year!
- Have a shower instead of a bath. It’s better for your circulation and for the planet.
- Banish plastic bottles of water and invest in a water filter to purify tap water.
- Replace ordinary light bulbs with high-efficiency ones. They may be more expensive but last 12 times longer and use 5 times less electricity.
- Turn off your TV, hi-fi, PC and DVD player – they still use electricity when not in use. Even while on standby, they consume 10% more electricity. And switch the lights off when you leave a room.
- Defrost your freezer. A 4mm coat of ice can double its consumption of electricity.
- When washing your clothes, switch to phosphate-free washing powder and never run a machine half empty.
- Think before you throw anything away. Recycle what ever you can.
This week’s eco blog is courtesy of www.sofeminine.co.uk